Saturday, March 8, 2014

Apartment Manager Contradicts When Responding To Review - In Progress

Photo of pipe deemed "not neglected" by apartment manager, Jennifer Dales
Landmark at Rosewood Apartments - North Dallas

The other day I posted a review to the popular site for apartment reviewing Apartment Reviews.com and it turns out the manager, Jennifer Dales monitors the site. A long response was submitted but, when I tried to submit my response after reading hers, I discovered that the site does not allow a user to have more than one post per review. They must not want it becoming a message forum.

In light of that, I decided to post the review here and include the managers response as well as the reply that I was not allowed to post on that review. I have pictures included that I took myself today!

To read the review and manager response on Apartment Reviews... CLICK HERE
"From:JimWatkins Date posted: 3/6/2014
After reading all the negative reviews that all paint a picture of an apartment community full of upset residents both past and current (I am among the current)... Add to it the fact that in just two months living here, that I have encountered most of the same issues as the others..... I not only see the tenant neglect by management but, I will not be as forgiving as some people have.
I made it clear that I wanted to have my lease terminated and be allowed to move without any penalty. That request was not only denied by Jennifer but, I got a handful of excuses that she somehow thought justified the wrongs that had been done. I am standing by my request to have my lease torn up so I can be on my merry way but, I make this promise to the public, the management and even myself... That I will continue to document the problems and post all of them online for anyone who may have an interest to read. A one-stop info house, if you will. Here is the link to my new blog that is dedicated to the day to day life events at Landmark at Rosewood apartments. Feel free to submit comments there and let me know how we can contact each other while keeping your identity private.


Here is the response from the manager, Jennifer Dales that was submitted the next day.
 From: Manager       Date: 03/07/2014
Jim,
Thank you for the review, we do appreciate any feed back. Per our conversation yesterday, I understand you are upset, I will not put the detail of the conversation out for all to hear to keep your privacy, however you do understand that the pipe burst in your home was a natural event, not caused by negligence on our behalf. My service team working all the following day to repair your home as well as others so that you would not have wait longer than needed to have water. We called several plumbing services to handle this emergency and they were backed up on many other similar situations throughout the DFW area (as the weather we had can do this) was delayed by over a day. We did everything in our power to insure all residents effected by this event would not have to suffer. We received the news of the pipe break late into the evening and restored water to your home they very next day. I explained how you could break your lease and even gave you the corporate office number to try to work with them as I'm not allowed to do anything outside you contract. Again I will be more than happy to help you get in contact with them to help you work this out.
Thank you,
Jennifer Dales
Community Manager
The following is the response I wrote but, was not published per site rules of one comment per review.

Jennifer, you said: "you do understand that the pipe burst in your home was a natural event, not caused by negligence on our behalf."
Really? Well, let me show you what the pipes look like in my laundry closet as of today. 


What is shown in the pictures is NOT where the break happened. All of that corrosion was NOT caused by natural events. 
Next you said: "My service team working all the following day to repair your home as well as others so that you would not have wait longer than needed to have water. And then you added... We called several plumbing services to handle this emergency and they were backed up on many other similar situations throughout the DFW area (as the weather we had can do this) was delayed by over a day"
I am confused because, you just said "your service team"... then you said "several plumbing services".Well.... Which is it??? Who fixed it?
I noticed you even called it an "emergency" and also "Water was restored the next day"

Question... If someone calls 911 for a heart attack, would it be acceptable to arrive at the hospital the very next day???
I want to know... If you called "several plumbing services and all were on other emergencies"... Please furnish us with a contact list so I can verify they were contacted.
 ___________________________________________

Now we have to wait and see if Jennifer will submit her comments to this posting. 
For the readers to see for themselves what the laundry closet looks like right now after being flooded three times in two months... See pics below.








No comments:

Post a Comment