Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Final Request by Tenant to Have Lease Terminated and all Fee's Waived by Landlord Goes Un-Answered. Tenant Files Law Suit

Update at end of post:

Early this morning (Wed. March 12, 2014) I sent an email to Jennifer Dales, manager for Landmark at Rosewood apartments, requesting for a final time to terminate my lease effective immediately and to waive all future fees that are typically pursued by the management after a resident breaks a lease.

It turns out that today is Jennifer's day off and either she got the email and didn't reply or maybe she still has yet to read it. I am not sure but, as of today I am no longer going to try to reason with or in some ways, even work with the management at Landmark at Rosewood.

It didn't take very long for the management to wear my patience thin. I can take a lot of grief from many people but,  one thing I don't have any room for error is when I am lied to and misled, especially by someone who is in a position of power or a manager.
All of the lies and misleading statements that have been told to me during my short 10-weeks living at the property have been documented, sorted and just a few hours ago.... Filed a law suit against the owners of the property and essentially  the current management as they act in an official capacity on behalf of the owners. Now all that they have been doing to me will be a matter of public record.

I will post updates as they become available.

Update:
I had to go back to the court clerk because, I didn't get anything that had a court date on it the day before. I was given a "Notice of Hearing" with a court date of March, 28, 2014. Since that date is so far off, I won't be residing at the apartment complex when the 28th rolls around. Texas Property Code states tenants have the right to notify the landlord in writing of moving and terminating the lease according to Section XXXXX of the Property Code. I had asked the manager last week if they would willingly terminate the lease without liability but, that didn't go as I had hoped. Now, I am claiming the right to terminate and intend to ask the judge to validate the action which would prevent Landmark at Rosewood from pursuing future liability against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment