Sunday, March 9, 2014

Park at Your Own Risk... And Safety

Sign at entrance for Landmark at Rosewood apartments in North Dallas

This is a spur of the moment post brought on by yet ANOTHER one of life's difficulties from living at Landmark at Rosewood apartments in North Dallas.

The latest problem is over... Parking. Or lack thereof.

A friend of mine came by un-expected about 1:30 AM. She called me from the parking lot to ask where she should park. I told her to find a visitors space but, she told me that there aren't any open... Even in the front.

I told her I would go out and find a spot and she could go inside while I parked. When I got to her truck, I saw she had brought her four kids with her... All under 10-years old. They went inside and I drove around the entire complex... TWICE. Not a single visitors parking spot!
I ended up parking in the spot in front of the laundry room that has the stripes painted-no parking and hoped it wouldn't get towed. A half hour later I went back out to move it into a spot that opened up in the front by the office.




What are residents expected to tell any guest who can't find a place to park?
"Well maybe you can park down the street and just run really fast so no one can catch you if there are any thugs looking to jack someone."

Landmark at Rosewood apartments, owned by Landmark Apartment Trust really needs to address this problem because sooner or later someone is going to get hurt.... Or worse.

Jennifer Dales, the property manager has better things to do it seems. She has me trained in a way because, I know if I go talk to her to complain... I will get her favorite two lines.
1. "Its like that everywhere else you go"
and
2. "What am I supposed to do about it?"

I would love to find out if it is like that everywhere else. All she needs to do is let me out of my lease without penalty (since the landlord doesn't adhere to the terms of their own lease) and I will gladly go find out if the parking is that bad everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment