Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Management for Landmark at Rosewood Apartments Have Proven To Be Embarrassment To Many

Perfect example of assistant manager for Landmark at Rosewood apartments, Nikki Meadows

The last few days of 2013 was all I had to find an apartment that I could move into within a few days.

That meant I had to look at places available, choose a complex that fit my needs, fill out a rental application and as soon as I was approved... push everything along quickly and try to move in with the first chance .
All of that happened and on January 6, 2014 I moved into a modestly small apartment.
I had done what research I could on short notice to see what other people have  thought about their experience but, didn't see much that I can recall.

Wow! All I can say is if someone had made a blog about their life with the complex when I was looking to move... I can tell you that I would have never moved in.
I can honestly say that I have encountered more problems in just two months here than I have ever had with any other apartment community combined! Seriously... The people in charge at this community should be fired and prevented from working in the industry again.




In the time (two months) I have lived here...  I finally asked the manager to let me out of my lease without penalty but, that request was quickly denied. I know that it will take constant and continual documenting of mistakes made by management in order for me to be set free from this.
Creating this Blog will help with documenting and I hope it will help other people by giving them information that is useful and...truthful.

Currently there are two people managing the 11-building apartment community in North Dallas that is known as Landmark at Rosewood.
The manager is Jennifer Dales. I had thought at one point that she was competent but, my opinion now is that she is very over-whelmed and that has to be the result of her being VERY unqualified to manage a property.

The assistant manager is Nikki Meadows. Both she and Jennifer are unfit to function in any management capacity. Nikki however, should be fired immediately for lying to me and I have the documentation to prove it. Rather than admit to lying to me, she made it worse when she placed the blame on the maintenance man who she had claimed went to my apartment to fix the heater but, he really hadn't been told about the problem at all.
Let me back up a little and explain what happened.

A month ago I submitted a request to have my heater fixed as it always blew cool air.
I handed the leasing agent a list of several issues I needed to have addressed. She read them and told me she would have it taken care of. Since it was going to be very cold that weekend, I told her I would be home that day for when maintenance came over but, if I happened to be gone I would make sure to put my dog (50-pound yellow lab, 10-year old female) in her crate and place it in the bedroom out of the way and they could enter the unit without concern. That was on a Friday morning.

When the day had gone by without anyone coming to the apartment, I decided to leave for the weekend and I was gone by 8 PM.
I didn't get back home until Sunday night (Super Bowl Sunday). The heater had not been fixed.
I submitted another work request on the properties website late that night and Monday morning I got a reply from Nikki about 9 AM. She explained why the work had not been completed and THAT is what really got me upset.

In an email, Nikki told me she had sent a maintenance guy to my apartment on Saturday. After knocking on my door (as they will do in case someone is home) they reported to her that they heard my dog barking on the other side of the door. Because they thought I had left without putting the dog in the crate as expected... They  to do the repair but, did not open the door thinking the dog was "loose" in the apartment. She explained that she had called my cell phone and left a message saying the same. I admit, I didn't listen to messages so the email Monday was the first I heard about the dog being the blame for not fixing the heater.

It was at that point that I knew she was lying to me.
I replied back to the email quickly to tell her that I knew she was lying and simply attempting to avoid any blame for dropping the ball for not getting the heater fixed. I went on to explain exactly how I knew she lied to me.

When I moved in, I installed a security camera that is recorded onto a hard drive DVR on my patio that shows the part of the parking lot where I park my car. If it was ever vandalized, I would be able to see what happened.
I explained that I had reviewed the file that had the entire weekend recorded. There is a paved walkway from the parking lot that goes along my building and also to the stairs that leads up to my apartment that the camera shows along with the lot on the screen. At no time from when I left Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday... Did the video show any maintenance man going to my apartment. In fact, I did not see any maintenance man even use the walkway. No one knocked on my door as she claimed.

None of the video evidence I gave her seemed to register to her as my way of knowing she was lying. She lied and looked REALLY bad in doing it. Nikki re-explained "it was the dog loose inside the unit" that was the reason my heater wasn't able to be fixed. So, now she insinuated that it was my own fault they couldn't do their job.

She out-did herself again when she attempted to come up with a different reason the maintenance man did not open the door and proceed with the repair (keep in mind, I had just told her I knew that he never even came over).
I told her that she was lying because, when I left on Friday night.... I had taken my dog WITH me and neither me or the dog was in the apartment again until Sunday night after 8 PM!  The DOG WAS NOT EVEN HOME AND THEREFORE IMPOSSIBLE FOR BARKING TO BE HEARD.

She responded by telling me that maintenance wasn't sure if what they heard was from my unit or one of the other units next to mine and that is why they were not comfortable coming in.
She lied and lied again to cover herself and did an awful job of it. I didn't reply to her after that and instead I forwarded the emails to her boss, Jennifer Dales. I was very upset but, didn't know what to expect.

Jennifer decided to defend Nikki's story on why the heater didn't get fixed and rather than try to offer me some sort of apology for being lied to, she assured me that she would get the heater fixed immediately.
Within 30 minutes, both of the properties maintenance men came to my unit and they did get the problem corrected. I am very hesitant to say the following but... I was blunt when I asked them if they had been given a work order to fix the heater and they said that they had not been told anything about me, the apartment, my dog or.... a heater that was not working until that same morning.
Maintenance did what they were told but, the problem is the management never told anyone about the work request. Jennifer later placed some of the blame on the leasing agent that I had given the list of repairs to on the Friday before the weekend of lies.

I have now been living at the complex for two months (yes, months) and I have at LEAST 10-12 separate issues to write about on here that have been non stop for me.
I will be posting all the details from each problem that I have endured during that time.
I will also update posts with pictures and copies of emails, etc.

So, for anyone reading this who is looking for places they can move to or if you are a past or current resident, don't let Nikki out of your sight! She lies to tenants and staff while not accepting the fact that she was caught. All of the deceit was documented with their emails and my security camera recording. It is fact that can be shown as proof.

If the property owners happen to read this post and would like me to document  the proof that she lied for review... Send me an email and I will forward it to you to watch a true victim!

Nikki Meadows...Assistant Mgr. for Landmark at Rosewood apartments in Dallas, Texas. If a person will lie to people they depend on for their living... They will lie to anyone and see nothing wrong with it. Those people have no honor and they should be held accountable when they are caught.


1 comment:

  1. I am honestly so happy you made this blog. I lived there sadly for 7 months and did break my least and encountered more issues than ever. I truly hate the staff there and have even thought about vandalizing the already terrible property. I understand your frustration and anger. To be completely honest I hated landmark so much that I never wanted to move to an apt again and got a duplex and when my trash gets to much for my "city of dallas trash bin" I take the excess trash to there dump just to throw it at that shithole. The staff are totally unprofessional and rude and have all kinds of excuses. They are useless peices of shit and I wanted to make a blog like this so bad. It's funny to just laugh at how incompetent those peice of trash hoe bags are.

    ReplyDelete